ACC's lunchtime links
January, 29, 2013
By Andrea Adelson | ESPN.com
Is there a Big 12-ACC alliance in the works?
- And, yes, Big 12 athletic directors are weighing their expansion options.
- So Boston College is playing at New Mexico State this year, giving the Eagles two trips out West for 2013. Interestingly enough, former BC offensive coordinator Doug Martin is now interim head coach of the Aggies.
- Class of 2014 defensive end Justin Thornton is going to make a trip to Florida State.
- Georgia Tech B-back Broderick Snoddy continues to excel on the track.
- Well, this could be interesting for Maryland. Meet Terps defensive line recruit Kingsley Opara.
- David Thompson will attempt to play baseball and football for Miami.
- Virginia offensive coordinator Bill Lazor is reportedly headed to the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Mixed emotions greeted the news that the Hoos would play Oregon this season.
- Could Virginia Tech have an all-Fuller defensive backfield?
- Virginia Tech redshirt linebacker Dahman McKinnon is on indefinite suspension following an arrest last month.
- Wake Forest has picked up a commitment from three-star athlete John Armstrong out of Orlando, Fla.
Final Georgia Tech 27 Virginia Tech 24 Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Tulane 13 Duke 47 Final Maine 10 Boston College 40 Final Louisville 34 Florida International 3 Final Virginia 33 21 BYU 41 Final Army 21 Wake Forest 24 Final North Carolina 41 East Carolina 70 Final Presbyterian 0 North Carolina State 42 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41 Final/OT 22 Clemson 17 1 Florida State 23