Day 1 Senior Bowl notes
Weidl wrote that Sylvester Williams was the best player from Day 1:
"Of anyone on the field, the guy who had the best practice was North Carolina's Sylvester Williams. He has strong, powerful hands and had a tackle for a loss in nine-on-seven. His combination of quickness and power -- with his hands and his feet -- is really disruptive."
At linebacker, Weidl wrote that UNC's Kevin Reddick had a good day:
"Reddick is an enforcer in the run game, good in tight quarters and can blitz."
Regarding the quarterbacks, Weidl wrote that NC State's Mike Glennon "is the easiest thrower of the football."
On Glennon: He has a big stature, strong arm. The ball comes out easy for him. He had a little trouble with his accuracy. He was a little high on both of his throws in the seam route, one of which was intercepted in team period. And he still holds the ball too long.
Here's a look at the ACC representatives on updated versions of the Senior Bowl rosters, with their current heights and weights:
- Mike Glennon, QB, NC State (6-6, 220)
- Kevin Reddick, LB, North Carolina (6-1, 246)
- Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina (6-2, 313)
- Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia (6-5, 310)
- Tommy Bohanon, FB, Wake Forest (6-0, 247)
- Everett Dawkins, DT, Florida State (6-2, 288)
- Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson (5-9, 197)
- Dalton Freeman, OL, Clemson (6-4, 286)
- Malliciah Goodman, DL, Clemson (6-3, 272)
- Dustin Hopkins, PK, Florida State (6-1, 189)
- EJ Manuel, QB, Florida State (6-4, 237)
- Conner Vernon, WR, Duke (6-0, 193)
- Vince Williams, LB, Florida State (6-0, 247)
Stay tuned this week for more Senior Bowl updates.
Final 7 UCLA 28 Virginia 20 Final Delaware 0 Pittsburgh 62 Final Wofford 19 Georgia Tech 38 Final Georgia Southern 23 North Carolina State 24 Final Boston College 30 Massachusetts 7 Final William & Mary 9 Virginia Tech 34 Final 16 Clemson 21 12 Georgia 45 Final Elon 13 Duke 52 Final Liberty 29 23 North Carolina 56 Final 1 Florida State 37 Oklahoma State 31