Day 1 Senior Bowl notes
Weidl wrote that Sylvester Williams was the best player from Day 1:
"Of anyone on the field, the guy who had the best practice was North Carolina's Sylvester Williams. He has strong, powerful hands and had a tackle for a loss in nine-on-seven. His combination of quickness and power -- with his hands and his feet -- is really disruptive."
At linebacker, Weidl wrote that UNC's Kevin Reddick had a good day:
"Reddick is an enforcer in the run game, good in tight quarters and can blitz."
Regarding the quarterbacks, Weidl wrote that NC State's Mike Glennon "is the easiest thrower of the football."
On Glennon: He has a big stature, strong arm. The ball comes out easy for him. He had a little trouble with his accuracy. He was a little high on both of his throws in the seam route, one of which was intercepted in team period. And he still holds the ball too long.
Here's a look at the ACC representatives on updated versions of the Senior Bowl rosters, with their current heights and weights:
- Mike Glennon, QB, NC State (6-6, 220)
- Kevin Reddick, LB, North Carolina (6-1, 246)
- Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina (6-2, 313)
- Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia (6-5, 310)
- Tommy Bohanon, FB, Wake Forest (6-0, 247)
- Everett Dawkins, DT, Florida State (6-2, 288)
- Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson (5-9, 197)
- Dalton Freeman, OL, Clemson (6-4, 286)
- Malliciah Goodman, DL, Clemson (6-3, 272)
- Dustin Hopkins, PK, Florida State (6-1, 189)
- EJ Manuel, QB, Florida State (6-4, 237)
- Conner Vernon, WR, Duke (6-0, 193)
- Vince Williams, LB, Florida State (6-0, 247)
Stay tuned this week for more Senior Bowl updates.
Final Georgia Tech 27 Virginia Tech 24 Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Tulane 13 Duke 47 Final Maine 10 Boston College 40 Final Louisville 34 Florida International 3 Final Virginia 33 21 BYU 41 Final Army 21 Wake Forest 24 Final North Carolina 41 East Carolina 70 Final Presbyterian 0 North Carolina State 42 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41 Final/OT 22 Clemson 17 1 Florida State 23